Classic TF Registrar’s Report: September 2018
Read on for all the news in the Classic TF Register for September, 2018, with thanks to Michael Hough.
September 2018 Classic TF Registrar’s Report
Welcome to another month of interest in MG related motoring!
In this eighth Classic TF Registrar’s report for Opposite Lock 2018 I want to:
- Remind everyone of our big second half of the year Classic TF event – the annual MG Car Club Concours d’Elegance and Display Day in October
- Ask for your assistance in the task of judging the Classic TF cars at the display day in either Concours or Show and Shine categories
- Repeat my notice that I have some rare T-series (TC and Classic TF) model kits that I am offering for sale
The Classic TF Register’s run for the second half of the year will be our annual MG Car Club Concours d’Elegance and Display Day. The event is on Sunday the 21st of October, 2018, and will be held at Silverwater Park.
I am hoping that we can once again make the Classic TF display one of the strongest register turnouts at the event. As always, I would like to thank everyone who supports the club in this way.
I have selected a series of photos from our 2015, 2016 and 2017 display days showing the Classic TFs and hope that these will stimulate your interest in getting your Classic TF out and bringing it along to the display.
Our record display was 14 TFs at the 2016 display day – let’s try and reach at least that number again! I hope to see you on Sunday the 21st of October at Silverwater Park.
Judging on the Day
Judging the categories is a growing challenge, as it’s a simple fact of life that fewer and fewer people tend to step forward and offer to be a judge. I raised this issue at the last registrars’ meeting I attended in late 2017, and there was agreement that each registrar could try things that suited their situation. So, here is the model I propose to adopt for this year’s Classic TF display:
- On arrival, you will receive a welcome kit which, amongst other things, will contain the official scoring sheet
- Please use that sheet to fill in the basic details about yourself and your car, and whether or not you would like to be entered into judging for Concours or Show ‘n Shine
- I will then hand each Classic TF driver a simple rating sheet and request that you look at all of the cars and nominate:
- The best three cars in the Concours set
- The best three cars in the Show ‘n Shine set
- You will not require a scoring sheet to justify your opinion
- I will then collate the scores and then determine the winners from this popular vote approach
I would particularly welcome any assistance, especially in collating the information to ensure that the arithmetic is correct!
For Sale: Rare Model Kits for Selected S Series MGs
I have accumulated a number of relatively rare Corgi/Matchbox T Series models of TCs and Classic TFs. You can see images of the kits alongside this article and a list of available kits including details will follow.
If you’re interested in one, please ring me, Michael Hough, to reserve and pick it up at any Illawarra Register run or at the display day in October. Cash on delivery please.
With that, we reach the end of another news bulletin! Enjoy your motoring, and I hope to see you at an Illawarra Register run, the Club display day or an MG event soon.
Classic TF Registrar
0418 424 748
Classic TF Models
Corgi ‘50s Classic 1:43 Scale (Made 1984)
- Classic TF 1250 boxed. DK Green Duco, no hood, tan U/H, luggage rack. Two available at $45 each
- Classic TF 1250 no box. As above. One only at $20
Corgi Classics 1:43 Scale (Made 1985)
- Classic TF 1250 boxed. Blue duco with 113 racing number. Tan U/H, no hood, aero screens, luggage rack. Two available at $45 each
- Classic TF 120 no box. Blue duco with 113 racing number. Tan U/H, no hood, aero screens, luggage rack. One only at $20.
MG TC Model
Matchbox Models of Yesteryear 1:35 Scale (Made 1977)
- 1945 MG TC boxed. Green duco, tan hood, red U/H, racing number 3. Eight available. $40 each