Recapping the Illawarra Register Run to Fitzroy Falls and Grandpa’s Shed
Recap Thursday the 23rd of May’s Illawarra Register run to Fitzroy Falls and Grandpa’s Shed with this report and photo gallery thanks to Michael Hough.
Thursday the 23rd of May Illawarra Register run to Fitzroy Falls and Grandpa’s Shed
I am pleased to report that we had another very relaxed and pleasant Illawarra Register run on Thursday the 23rd of May to Grandpa’s Shed at Fitzroy Falls.
It was a combined run between the MG Car Club Sydney and Jaguar Drivers Car Club of Australia Illawarra registers. We were joined by three from the MG Club and nine from the Jaguar Drivers Club. All happily combined and chatted during a very pleasant and sunny late Autumn morning.
Most drivers successfully found their way to the rendezvous at the cafe next to Grandpa’s Shed for a relaxed start over a coffee and chat. At about 11AM we all wandered in and spent an hour or so rummaging through the enormous range of stuff in the shed.
I think there was much more looking than buying, and I am reminded that I am now at the life stage that everything I grew up with is now for sale in an antique shop. Ah well!
All decided to stay and grab a pie or equivalent from the Fitzroy falls café before we drove a short distance down to the Fitzroy Falls picnic ground. The picnic ground offers very clean and pleasant covered picnic sheds with modern barbecues and clean toilet facilities adjacent to a lovely inland lake with a yacht club, no less!
The run was a great opportunity to relax and bring the classic car out for a drive without using a log book day, as well as to enjoy some good company and an interesting venue. My thanks to all who supported the event!
The remaining combined Illawarra Register runs in 2019 are:
- Sunday July 21st, Christmas in July Lunch, Mt. Keira Scout Camp – the event is filling up fast – so book now!
- Saturday morning, August 31st, return visit to Retford Park Bowral
- Thursday November 28th, Kiama Leagues Club for lunch
A quick reminder of our Illawarra Register’s success factors which are:
- To create a series of relaxed and enjoyable events where we all can take the MG (or Jaguar) for a run – especially those cars on historic registration.
- To combine with other local clubs, especially the Jaguar Drivers Club (Illawarra Register) and the South Coast Veteran and Vintage Car Club, for these events, and encourage an interesting mix of people and cars to share our adventures with.
Please remember, all Illawarra register runs are social runs. If the weather is kind, bring the MG or Jaguar and enjoy yourself, and if the weather is bad bring something more modern, and still enjoy yourself!
Illawarra Register Secretary