An update on how to Renew or Apply for Historic Registration
Some minor changes have been made that necessitate changes to how the MGCC wishes to process applications for Conditional Registration.
The MGCC assists in the administration of the program but is not responsible for legal enforcement issues. That is a matter between the police, roads and maritime services (RMS) and the operator of the vehicle.
For our purposes the only original document we need to process is the Historic Vehicle Declaration. This document will be signed and stamped by the plate registrar and returned to you to present to the RMS along with your original pink slip and registration renewal documents when you go to register your vehicle. The club will retain copies of all your documents.
All documents required for conditional registration can be downloaded from the club’s website.
The plate registrar’s email address is: [email protected]
Postal address: PO Box 363 Seaforth 2092 NSW
Conditional Registration Documentation
View or download relevant documentation from following links (‘right-click’ and ‘save-as’):
Historic Vehicle Declaration [Service NSW website]
Renewal of HVS
- Complete the Historic Vehicle Declaration and Club Declaration. Make photocopies of your current pink slip and registration renewal documents (do not submit originals)
- Pay the club fee of $20 by direct deposit to the club (St George Bank Limited, BSB 112-879, Account 043811680 and make sure to include your name/cond rego on the deposit). Include a copy of your receipt or a cheque made payable to the MGCC with your other paperwork.
- Post documents to the plate registrar.
- Plate registrar will return the Historic Vehicle Declaration to you by express post
- Take your original renewal documents to the RMS
NEW Application for HVS
If you have recently joined the club or you have a vehicle on full registration and you wish to move it on to conditional registration follow these steps.
- Photograph your car: front on, side on, from rear, interior and open engine bay. Sign and date the front of each picture.
- Complete Historic Vehicle Declaration and Club Declaration. Make photocopies of your current pink/blue slip and registration renewal (if currently on full rego)
- Pay the club fee of $20 by direct deposit to the club (St George Bank Limited, BSB 112-879, Account 043811680 and make sure to include your name/nature of transaction on the deposit) or by EFTPOS to the club Treasurer. Include a photocopy of your receipt with your paperwork
- Post photos and paperwork to the plate registrar
- Plate registrar will return the Historic Vehicle Declaration to you by post
- Take your ORIGINAL documents to the RMS including the Application for Conditional Registration (Historic Vehicle Scheme) for payment and issue of new plates and a logbook
- When you know the new plate number email it to the plate registrar
If the plate registrar is concerned about the eligibility of the vehicle they may refer you to one of the following sites for a second opinion.
- Peninsula Sports Cars – 37 Winbourne Ave. Brookvale 9907 2069
- Moxham Garage – Unit 1 #2 Pioneer Ave. Thornleigh 9484 5909
- MG Centre of Sydney – U25/20 Tucks Rd Seven Hills 9838 9732
- Nepean Classic Muscle and Kustom Cars – 6/123 Coreen Ave, Penrith NSW 2750 (02) 4732 3211
- Bob Rowntree Automotive – 2 Kathleen Place, Thirlmere NSW 2572 02 46830618
MGCC Plate Registrar