- This event has passed.
Run to Wings Over Illawarra 2019
Hosted by the Michael Hough and the Classic TF register.
Wings Over Illawarra is a two-day air show that offers a similar programme on each day. The club will attend on Sunday the 5th of May.
Make sure that you’re booked in to attend
How to register your MG and support the run:
- Head to www.wingsoverillawarra.com.au/page/classic-motor-clubs
- Register your car as attending with the MG Car Club of Sydney on Sunday the 5th of May
- Hit ‘Submit’
Bring your admission pass
You will receive a confirmation email and a complimentary admission ticket for the driver. Please print the admission ticket and bring it to the event. Passenger tickets are available separately (it is cheaper to buy them in advance than at the gate).
As of April 15th, these emails had not yet been sent out
It’s a long day
Wings Over Illawarra organisers see the classic cars as part of the air show exhibition and therefore require each car to be in place by 8:45AM and commit to staying until approximately 5PM. The day is long, but very enjoyable.
Each registered car and driver may enter the event for free, but you will need to pay for an air show admission ticket for any passenger(s) you bring in the car. It is cheaper to buy them in advance than at the gate.
We will take a run to the event
We will rendezvous in the parking lot of Hungry Jack’s Hayward’s Bay, near Yallah. This is the last signposted exit heading south on the freeway before you reach the airport roundabout, and it’s very well signposted.
Please arrive no later than 7:45AM – we will leave at 8AM sharp.
If you’re running late or need to arrive individually
Please read the following instructions from the WOI 19 website and follow them:
- The classic vehicle display area in 2019 will be located on the grass area south of the east – west runway and adjacent to the carnival rides
- Access to and from the event site for classic vehicles will be via gate G12 from Tongarra Road and NOT via Airport Road as in previous years
- Due to increased traffic for the event, vehicles will NOT be permited to turn right across Tongarra road when entering or leaving gate G12, as such drivers must plan to arrive at the gate heading east along Tongarra road
- Therefore vehicles arriving from the north will need to turn right onto the Illawarra Highway from the Princes Highway and then left onto Tongarra road from where they will be permitted to turn left into airport gate G12
- Similarly vehicles arriving from the south will need to continue north past the airport on the Princes Highway and then turn left onto the Illawarra Highway and then left again onto Tongarra Road
If all else fails
Please ring Michael Hough 0418424748 for deep breathing and relaxation instructions over the phone!