The July 2018 Illawarra Register Report
MG Car Club Sydney Illawarra Register
Illawarra Registrar’s Report, July 2018
It is with pleasure that I again report that we held the second of 2018’s MG Car Club Illawarra Register runs on the morning of Thursday the 24th of May. The event was a social run to the home of a long-standing MG owner and car enthusiasts Claude Harris of Albion Park NSW.
We were joined by nineteen members of the Jaguar Drivers Club Illawarra Register as well as eight from MG Car Club Sydney and three from the South Coast Veteran and Vintage Car Club. We were also very pleased to be joined by the Harris family and friends, including the original owner of Claude’s TA.
We had a wonderful morning, and you can find a full recap of the event in the June 2018 edition of Opposite Lock, and the Club website.
The Illawarra Register’s success factors are:
- Creating a series of relaxed and enjoyable events where we all can take the MG for a run – especially those on historic registration
- Combining with other local car club groups, especially the Jaguar Drivers Club Illawarra Register for events and, as a consequence, attracting an interesting mix of cars from classic British marques
Our visit to the Harris’ achieved these success factors very well indeed, and we were delighted with the way the event went!
Our next Illawarra register run will be held on Sunday the 22nd of July and will be a Christmas in July lunch at Mt Keira Scout Camp.
Please make your booking arrangements for the event early as it will greatly assist us in planning numbers:
- Notify the camp by email of your names and numbers attending by 15 July 2018 and
- Please copy me in to that email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The two scheduled 2018 runs after that are:
Thursday 27th September: Visit to the Historical Aircraft Restoration Society
Thursday the 22nd November: To be decided. Please get in touch with suggestions!
Please remember, these are social runs, so:
- If the weather is kind, bring your MG and enjoy yourself
- If the weather is bad, bring a modern car and enjoy yourself anyway!
Illawarra Register Secretary
Phone: 0418 424 748